Monday, July 31, 2017

Come and Peek into Aimee's Scrapbook Room!

Today we get to take a peek at how our Design Team Member Aimee has her scrappy space organized. 


Hello scrappy friends and welcome to my scrapbook room! Once a month, us MCS DT girls are sharing our special space and it's my month! I really enjoy looking at other's spaces and organizing tips! If you've missed the previous spaces be sure to check them out....there are some great spaces!!

My room is a spare bedroom on the main floor of the house. I call it my room but actually I can't really call it "my" room because I share it with my kids which I LOVE because we can spend time together but do our own thing. They have a desk and computer in it to either do homework or play on the computer. Mostly the latter! :) This is a shot looking in from the doorway. And believe me when I say it does NOT stay this clean! Lol!! Thankfully I have a door that can be shut to hide the mess when company comes over! ;)



And this shot is from the other corner looking at my closet.


The main part of my space is an Ikea Expedit with an attached desk. My husband recently bought the side table to create a U shape so that I can have everything at my fingertips plus room to scrap. The cabinet behind my desk holds my sewing machine on the inside and on the top is my photo printer and 6x6 paper pads.


Here is a closer look at all the goodies I have on the shelving unit which include most of my albums. I started out having color coded albums for each kid's albums - pink for Gracie, green for Josh, and black and red for Chris but over the years I have had a little trouble buying the same color albums and have had to go with different ones.


I have these Cropper Hopper see-through folders to organize patterned papers (which are not in a collection) by color families. I love having these right at my fingertips to grab quickly when I need a certain color of pattern paper for a project! I also have this plastic shoebox which I store pieces for some project life pages.


In the 2 blue boxes is where I store my stamps. I don't have that many because I am more of a paper/stickers kind of girl. But every once in a while I will pull my stamps out to make a card.


In the black/white basket is where I keep all of my twine, wood veneer pieces, doilies, glassine bags, and miscellaneous pieces that I'm not sure where to store.


I have 4 Sterlite drawers and a built in drawer unit on my shelves. This first one holds small stamp pads, enamel dots, and rhinestones. 2nd drawer unit holds my everyday items such as pens, pencils, paper clips, post-its and such. The 3rd one holds my markers, brush pens, paper piercers, X-acto knife, paper distresser tool, and things of that nature. And the 4th one holds a few of my Doodlebug goodies like twine, card bases, pixie sticks, and brads.


Here in my built in drawer where I keep all of my adhesives and regular sized stamp pads.


This set up is my favorite (and most useful) thing of all! It is 14 stackable drawer units that I bought from Wal-Mart. I looooooove this storage method! If I am working on a Fall layout then all I do is pull out my Fall drawer - work on my layout - put everything back in the drawer and back in the tower it goes all nice and neat!!  


Here is a break-down of what all it holds...5 drawers - finished layouts, 3 drawers - scraps of cardstock, 2 - misc embellishments, 5 - alpha stickers, 13 - supplies by different scrapbook companies, 1 - card making supplies, 12 - seasonal/holiday papers, stickers, & die cuts


Here is a little peak into the seasonal/holiday drawers...


And here is my 2nd favorite part of my room...a peg board which I hang anything and everything that visually gets my mojo going! Sometimes I find myself staring at the board to boost my overall spirit...it makes me sooooo very happy!! :)


And now on to my closet...


Hanging on the door is a shoe organizer that holds all of my punches.


Here I have an upright paper storage unit which houses most of my beloved Doodlebug collections. They are stored by collection in a see-through Cropper Hopper folder.


Here is a glance at the other stackable storage units in my closet which house 12x12 paper pads, washi tapes, felt, more cardstock, page protectors, jewelry making pieces, ribbon, magazines, and a special section for Gracie which has hand-me-down papers, stickers, and die cuts.


And the last bit of organizing are these Iris storage containers that I keep in the top of my closet. These help house supplies that I have a ton of and won't fit into one of the drawers in my towers. The picture below shows the 2 that I use constantly which is one for my boy scrap supplies and one for my girl scrap supplies. 


And there you have!! I hope you have enjoyed a tour of my room!!

2 comments:

Monique Liedtke said...

You have such an amazing space Aimee!! You're so lucky! I adore that peg board <3

Laura Creates said...

Such a gorgeous (and tidy) space!